Sunday 12 January 2014

Ginger, Jessie and Ann.

Ok, so I'm not very good at blogging on a regular basis. 
But I am going to turn over a new leaf and have a more productive and creative 2014.

Over the last few days I have spent the odd hour here and there sorting out my scraps


random small pieces of cottons into...


2.5 inch strips, 2 inch strips, 1.5 inch strips, 2 inch and 2.5 inch squares, and larger pieces, ironed.

This is actually quite a long process, but very enjoyable and relaxing. Not much thinking.

I may just continue to do this every now and then over the next few weeks and months until I get to the bottom of the pile.

I also need to back and quilt Beth's quilt.



But what I really want to do is start some work based on nature, birds, the seaside.
Maybe start on some small pieces in print, or paint. I don't really know yet.
My head is full of images of sea birds, and footprints in the sand, berries on the trees, blackbirds.
Poetry.

On a totally different note, I got three new hens last week, after losing two in the last few months.
Lucy died in November and Honey died just after the New Year.


My new ladies are Ginger, above, Jessie and Ann.

xxx






4 comments:

  1. your hens look really adorable, do you actually get eggs?
    I love the combination of poetry in quilting (though I am not a fan of art quilts), so look forward to following you through the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea organizing your fabric scraps..........I need to get organized as well.........maybe tomorrow.......possibly. Does the guild have an exhibition coming up that you can work towards? Looking forward to reading your posts in 2014......keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali, the next guild exhibition that I know about is the hands across the border next year and the theme is Reflections. I am sure there will be some this year too. By the way I love your snake xx

      Delete
  3. Helen, I get lots of lovely eggs from the hens, more in the warmer months. They are wonderful. This is the second threesome I have got from Nut House Hen Rescue. Ex battery hens who are saved from culling by this wonderful charity. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

    ReplyDelete